Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care. It is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing. Registered Nutritional Therapists use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s symptoms and health concerns. Practitioners consider each individual to be unique and recommend personalised nutrition and lifestyle programmes rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
A Registered Nutritional Therapist will:
- Review your complete health history and that of your family
- Ask you about your current and past symptoms and how they have changed
- Look at your diet and lifestyle
- Assess your nutritional status
- Offer functional testing where appropriate
- Work with you to devise a unique plan of manageable changes to support better health